The aim of Uley Community Stores (UCS) is to secure the long-term future of the last remaining shop and Post Office in Uley village and thereby sustain and enhance the quality of life for all residents.
To achieve our aim we:
- Created a re-energised shop and Post Office, named ‘Uley Community Stores’, owned and run by, and for, the community
- Created and fostered a strong, shareholder membership community
- Boosted and tailored products and services to meet the needs of the wider community
- Strengthened the role of the shop as the hub of the community
- Provided additional services for those at risk of exclusion
We continue to promote these aims, and be a model of sustainable, environmentally-friendly, thriving local business.